Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations seeks to hire a part time hourly Contingent Licensed Professional Counselor or Social Worker. This position will provide additional student counseling and support services for Academy and Camp students within a contingent basis when the year-round counselor is not available.
Company Description: Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a 2,500-student summer camp program; a 500-student fine arts boarding high school; opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling artistic and creative programs; two 24-hour listener-supported public radio stations (classical music and news); more than 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists; a global alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online at www.interlochen.org.Interlochen Center for the Arts MISSION…To engage and inspire people worldwide through excellence in educational, artistic and cultural programs, enhancing the quality of life through the universal language of the arts.THE CORE PURPOSE…To ignite lifelong passion for the arts THE CORE VALUES…Nurturing, Inspiring,Transforming, Enlightening and EnduringInterlochen Center for the Arts includes:Interlochen Arts AcademyInterlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate opportunities.Interlochen Arts CampYoung artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors. Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.Interlochen College of Creative ArtsAdult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of arts disciplines.Interlochen Public RadioClassical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM, Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/CharlevoixNews Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7 FM, Manistee/LudingtonStreaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.Interlochen PresentsInterlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan, enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the school psychologist, deans of students, residence life and health services staff, faculty and other education professionals to address student concerns, and provide a wide range of counseling and related services to enhance and support student learning, with special attention to social/emotional health and development.
- Work with the school psychologist to provide intervention, assessment, and referral services for students experiencing difficulty.
- Consult with other professional staff on and off campus regarding student counseling needs, facilitate referrals to outside agencies and specialists and provide personal counseling as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the school/camp and parents in addressing student social and emotional needs.
- Organize and facilitate small group counseling and discussions sessions with students in areas of identified need.
- Work with other counselors, deans of students and residence life staff to help develop student life programming.
- Share in the responsibility to provide educational programming and staff training for Interlochen faculty and residence life personnel.
- Maintain appropriate records and provide written reports and communications
- The potential for evening work, possible weekend, and will include “on-call” duty on days worked.
- MA or another advanced degree in social work, psychology or counseling with a current license (MSW, LPC or equivalent). Please note need to have a full license to practice and provide the support for our full-time employees when they are out of the office (not a Limited License).
- Proven experience working with adolescents, preferably in a school setting.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively relate to students and parents.
- Knowledge of appropriate counseling procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state statutes dealing with privacy, care, and protection abuse.
- Ability to diagnose emotional, personal, and social issues.
- Ability to make referrals to appropriate staff members and other agencies and organizations.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for the role of the arts in education.
A competitive wage will commensurate with experience and qualifications. When on-call, the position will be paid hourly when receives a work related telephone call & when comes into the office.
If interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page.
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume and a current listing of three references. You can additionally upload these documents during the submission of the application process by selecting "Apply and continue to upload documents" button. Please upload your documents in a pdf format. Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.The next step of the application process will ask you a series of questions, some are required by the EEOC concerning Protected Veteran Status and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. For more information please view the following hyperlinks.
EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status
Voluntary Self-Identification of DisabilityIf interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page.
|Self Identification Text||Our company is an equal opportunity employer that supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category. To allow our business to evaluate their diversity recruiting efforts, and as a government contractor with regulatory reporting obligations, we collect information about race/ethnicity and gender during our application process. Your cooperation is appreciated in providing the information below, which will be used by our business for statistical reporting and any required government reporting (Responding to this request is voluntary and this information will not be used in assessing your qualifications for any position).|