Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire a Content Intern for the 2019 camp season. The dates of the agreement are 6/17/19-8/7/19 and the stipend for the entire duration is $1,550. Shared dorm room housing is provided for the dates contracted (early arrival/late stay requests, if space is available, will be paid in full by the employee). All meals are included with your agreement- breakfast, lunch, and dinner when the cafeteria is open. The Content Marketing intern works with the marketing department to plan and implement multimedia content for distribution on Interlochen’s digital/social platforms during the 2019 Interlochen Arts Camp season. Stories will help keep parents/guardians informed of student activities, motivate engagement with alumni and fans and help keep the northern Michigan community abreast of campus activities and events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Marketing team, Content Manager and Content Specialist, the intern will be tasked with creating original pieces of content that fits within the Interlochen brand. This may include, but is not limited to: Web stories, Instagram Stories, Snapchat and video. Video assignments will be short (>90 seconds), and will require a quick turnaround.
- Scheduling shoots and meetings, managing and maintaining equipment and assisting where necessary on other projects.
- A 40-hour weekly schedule will vary, and may include evening and weekend assignments.
- Be able to quickly learn and adapt to the Interlochen brand, make thoughtful artistic and aesthetic decisions when creating content, and maintain strong time-management throughout the summer.
- May be asked to be front of the camera, and must be ready to speak articulately and appropriately.
- The intern will regularly interact with faculty members, staff, campers, parents and alumni and must be ready to speak on Interlochen’s behalf at any moment.
- Will be given an Apple MacBook (Pro or Air) to use throughout the summer, will be expected to keep it in working condition, and to return it at the end of their agreement. They will also be provided with an external hard drive.
- The computer will come with the Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, AfterEffects and Premiere).
- The intern will be provided with a Canon DSLR and will have access to a range of lenses, audio recorders, lights, tripods and gear.
- The intern will either have their own desk within the Marketing Department or space within an open office environment nearby.
- The intern will need strong grammar skills, an artistic eye, an advanced familiarity with social media and experience shooting/editing video (primarily DSLR).
- Will wear the appropriate Interlochen uniform at all times during work hours, be able to walk for several hours every day, and may be asked to carry equipment weighing up to 30lbs.
- Possess an interest to learn more about social media and content marketing, understand how their role fits into the larger marketing platform, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in all types of situations.
- Be self motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume, and a current listing of three references. You can additionally upload this information during the submission of the application process by selecting "Apply and continue to upload documents" button. Please upload all of your information in ONE DOCUMENT in a pdf format.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.The next step of the application process will ask you a series of questions, some are required by the EEOC concerning Protected Veteran Status and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. For more information please view the following hyperlinks. EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran StatusVoluntary Self-Identification of DisabilityIf interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a 2,500-student summer camp program; a 500-student fine arts boarding high school; opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling artistic and creative programs; two 24-hour listener-supported public radio stations (classical music and news); more than 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists; a global alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online at www.interlochen.org.
Interlochen Center for the Arts MISSION…
To engage and inspire people worldwide through excellence in educational, artistic and cultural programs, enhancing the quality of life through the universal language of the arts.
THE CORE PURPOSE…
To ignite lifelong passion for the arts
THE CORE VALUES…
Nurturing, Inspiring, Transforming, Enlightening and EnduringInterlochen Center for the Arts includes:Interlochen Arts Academy
Interlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate opportunities.Interlochen Arts Camp
Young artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors. Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.Interlochen College of Creative Arts
Adult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of arts disciplines.Interlochen Public Radio
Classical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM, Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/Charlevoix
News Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7 FM, Manistee/Ludington
Streaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.Interlochen Presents
Interlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan, enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters