Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire Concessions Clerks for the 2019 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. The dates of the contract are 6/10/19-8/17/19. This is an hourly position that does not include housing. Pay will start at $10/hour. One meal is provided in our cafeterias during work shift, when service is open. There will some limited clerk openings that include housing and meals for individuals who live more than 30 miles away from campus. The stipend for this position, including housing will be $1,550.
- Daily participation in food and drink preparation and other jobs as assigned at Melody Freeze Cafe, Coffee Tent, Grill Tent, or CJ’s Cafe. Clerks will be assigned to each area as needed.
- Maintain good communication with manager, supervisors, co-workers, and customers (including campers).
- Maintain high quality standards, safety, and sanitation in all areas.
- Adhere to all Interlochen Arts Camp employment guidelines
- Keep the inside (counters, rugs, equipment, sink and dishes) and the surrounding campus grounds clean and sanitary.
- Must be able and willing to work nights and weekends, as scheduled.
- Applicant must know how to run a cash register and be able to correctly count change, and work accurately and responsibly with money.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers’ orders.
- Applicant must be at least 14 years of age at time of application.
- Experience at other coffee shops, restaurants, and/or ice cream shops is preferred.
- Must be willing to work independently and as part of a team, as needed.
- Must be able and willing to exert fast paced mobility for up to five hours at a time, have the ability to bend and lift up to 30 pounds frequently, and have good hand and finger dexterity to prepare/serve food and drinks for/to customers.
Optional (but strongly encouraged) documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume, and a current listing of three references. If you would like to submit a cover letter and resume, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it added to your application file.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
The next step of the application process will ask you a series of questions, some are required by the EEOC concerning Protected Veteran Status and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. For more information please view the following hyperlinks.
EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
If interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page.
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a 2,500-student summer camp program; a 500-student fine arts boarding high school; opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling artistic and creative programs; two 24-hour listener-supported public radio stations (classical music and news); more than 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists; a global alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online at www.interlochen.org.
Interlochen Center for the Arts MISSION…
To engage and inspire people worldwide through excellence in educational, artistic and cultural programs, enhancing the quality of life through the universal language of the arts.
THE CORE PURPOSE…
To ignite lifelong passion for the arts
THE CORE VALUES…
Nurturing, Inspiring,Transforming, Enlightening and Enduring
Interlochen Center for the Arts includes:
Interlochen Arts Academy
Interlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate opportunities.
Interlochen Arts Camp
Young artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors. Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.
Interlochen College of Creative Arts
Adult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of arts disciplines.
Interlochen Public Radio
Classical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM, Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/Charlevoix
News Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7 FM, Manistee/Ludington
Streaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.
Interlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan, enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters