|Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire Health Services Assistants for the 2019 camp season. The dates of the contract are 6/19/19-8/5/19 and the stipend for the entire duration of the contract ranges on experience level. The stipend for this position is $2,350. Housing is provided for the dates contracted and all meals are included with your agreement- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. |
Health Services Assistants work 6 weeks, plus pre-camp training for 2-3 days prior to the opening of the summer season. The workweek is 40 hours with 8 hour days scheduled to work in the clinics.
- Work in one of three Health Centers with a team consisting of a Physician or Nurse Practitioner, Nurses, other Health Services Assistants, and a secretary.
- Be delegated tasks by the Camp Nurse including taking vital signs, dressing changes, transporting students to or from a Health Care Center if needed, changing beds, obtaining meals for any Campers required to stay in Health Services, changing linen of overnight campers, and other duties as required for the population.
- Be available as needed and during regularly scheduled hours during the camper day and at designated times in the health center.
- Be an integral part of camp life and participate in camp activities as the schedule allows, and enjoy the lovely setting at Interlochen.
- 18 years of age or high school graduation required.
- Work or school experience in a related medical field preferred.
- Students with some clinical experience in a health profession school such as nursing or medicine are encouraged to apply.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team are essential.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use e-mail are required.
- Nursing students are encouraged to apply but health care experience not required
All applicants must enjoy working with young and adolescent children, possess strong communication skills, be able to Interact well with other team members and must function independently and make good judgements.
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume, and a current listing of three references. You can additionally upload this information during the submission of the application process by selecting "Apply and continue to upload documents" button. Please upload all of your information in ONE DOCUMENT in a pdf format.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
The next step of the application process will ask you a series of questions, some are required by the EEOC concerning Protected Veteran Status and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. For more information please view the following hyperlinks.
EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
If interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page.
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a 2,500-student summer camp program; a 500-student fine arts boarding high school; opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling artistic and creative programs; two 24-hour listener-supported public radio stations (classical music and news); more than 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists; a global alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online at www.interlochen.org.
Interlochen Center for the Arts MISSION…
To engage and inspire people worldwide through excellence in educational, artistic and cultural programs, enhancing the quality of life through the universal language of the arts.
THE CORE PURPOSE…
To ignite lifelong passion for the arts
THE CORE VALUES…
Nurturing, Inspiring, Transforming, Enlightening and Enduring
Interlochen Center for the Arts includes:
Interlochen Arts Academy
Interlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate opportunities.
Interlochen Arts Camp
Young artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors. Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.
Interlochen College of Creative Arts
Adult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of arts disciplines.
Interlochen Public Radio
Classical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM, Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/Charlevoix
News Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7 FM, Manistee/Ludington
Streaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.
Interlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan, enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters.