Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire a summer CAD/GIS Intern for Interlochen Arts Camp. The dates of the agreement would be 5/6/19 to 8/31/19 and is an hourly paid position that would work up to 40 hours a week. A meal is provided (when service is open) during a shift. Please note that on-campus housing is not available for this position.
- Updating our existing campus utility drawings for all utilities.
- Working with newly developed GIS campus mapping system. Gather & input utility/building data.
- Use EOS GPS system to collect survey grade utilities and building locations.
- Update water utility drawings are a requirement of our MDEQ permit for having a water distribution system. (This activity may take a couple of summers to complete depending on the quality of current utility drawings).
- Complete electronic layout drawings for existing buildings.
- Convert old paper drawings / as-builts / sketches into electronic drawing files (CAD/PDF).
- Work with vendors to get recent project drawings and incorporate into utility master drawings.
- Field verify utility locations as needed.
- Scan drawings/documents and establish electronic project filing system.
- Work with Maintenance staff to verify utilities.
- Document current projects around campus, take photos, create a project report.
- Measure & document building layout, room sizes, doors, windows of existing buildings and create basic CAD layouts including dimensions and sqft.
- Understanding and choosing the best method for field verification.
- Use technology to the intern's advantage, propose possible different solutions and new software.
- Proficiency in Auto CAD (required).
- GIS software knowledge/coursework (preferred)
- Understand/learn reading project drawings.
- Familiarity with Apple Operating systems.
- Google suite experience (GoogleDocs, GoogleSpreadsheets, etc).
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Ability to take direction and work with limited supervision to complete tasks.
- Ask questions and be willing to learn.